I like the old one. How about you?
Missing e Sidebar Tweaks feature
For those of you who are still using the Tumblr Sidebr userscript, you should now that it has several compatibility issues with Missing e. I don’t think the creator uses Missing e to check for issues.
However, I wanted to remind you that (as of version 1.5.1… find out how to update in the FAQ), Missing e has the Sidebar Tweaks feature that allows you to add a Tumblelog panel (like the one you see above, with your posts, messages, etc) to any dashboard page.
This feature is not enabled by default. To turn it on:
- Go to the Missing e settings page (find out how)
- Click on the Dashboard Features tab
- In the Sidebar Tweaks section, turn on the checkbox labelled: “Add Tumblelog sidebar to all dashboard pages”
The next time you load your dashboard, you’ll have your sidebar back!
If you want the sidebar of one of your secondary blogs to appear on the main dashboard, simply click on the green bar right above “Posts” that has your blog name on it and select one of your secondary Tumblr accounts. From that point on, the Tumblelog panel will default to this account.
There are some great reasons for using this feature instead of the Tumblr Sidebr script:
- Fewer compatibility problems (Tumblr Sidebr will cause some Missing e features to not work correctly)
- Unfollower and Follow Checker buttons are added to the sidebar when you use Missing e, but not when you use Tumblr Sidebr
Missing e Version 1.4.0
Dude, awesome. Who says I can’t get new features working at the same time as I fix support issues for the new Tumblr Dashboard?
Unfollower can now track multiple accounts
- Anytime Unfollower runs on a new or renamed account, a menu will come up asking if it is a new or renamed account (or if you want to ignore it)
- In the Unfollower section of the _Missing e_settings page, you can edit the list of accounts being ignored by Unfollower
Added support for Tumblr’s new message interface
- Note that you can add tags when publishing ask posts (like before), but you cannot add tags when answering messages privately
Mass Editor Tweaks
This feature was suggested by pyrop3. Now you can select multiple posts in the Tumblr Mass Editor with a single click. You can only select a maximum of 100 posts at a time (this is a limitation of Tumblr’s Mass Editor).
- Select the first 100 posts in the Mass Editor
- Select posts by any type
Expand/Minimize Inline Images At Once (part of the Dashboard Fixes feature)
Suggested by ohmypond, you can now enlarge all inline images in a post all at the same time (and minimize them, too). Instead of clicking on every image thumbnail in a dashboard post, you only need to click on one of them! Yay!
Firefox Users: On Firefox, your extension will not automatically update until Mozilla approves the new version. If you want to install the new version now, you can do so from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/missing-e/versions/
If you want to force your browser to update immediately, here are some helpful guides:
Manually Update Chrome Extensions: http://www.howtogeek.com/64525/how-to-manually-force-google-chrome-to-update-extensions/
Manually Update Safari Extensions: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4409235/is-there-a-way-to-manually-trigger-safari-5s-extension-update-check
If you ever have problems with any feature, consult the Missing e FAQ page.
Download Missing e at missinge.infraware.ca
If you enjoy this extension, please consider donating to support future development.